[NTLUG:Discuss] Router or switch?

Michael Farnham mfarnham at acm.org
Sat May 3 14:19:14 CDT 2003

On Saturday 03 May 2003 12:04, Fred James wrote:
> Speed of NICs has not been mentioned as yet - are all your Network
> Interface Cards the same speed?  If so a simple hub of the same speed
> rating will work fine in most cases.  If not, you'll be happier if your
> new device can accommodate the differences without dropping everything
> to the lowest speed.  Something with intelligent ports perhaps?

Thanks everyone. All of my nics are 10/100 so it looks like a hub or a
switch will work fine. I saw some switches on sale for less than $10 at
Fry's. I don't see how a hub can be much less than that.

Thanks
Mike Farnham

--
You've got to be honest; if you can fake that, you've got it made.
                         -- George Burns