[NTLUG:Discuss] found this on SCO vs Linux

Greg Edwards greg at nas-inet.com
Tue Jul 22 15:24:18 CDT 2003

Kenneth Loafman wrote:
>> fredjame wrote:
>>
>>> *SCO Group Wants Its Money*
>>> With Unix System V copyrights in hand, the vendor introduced a
>>> plan to charge those who've used Linux as an alternative to Unix
>>> for UnixWare licenses.

What I find ironic about the whole SCO thing is that if it wasn't for
GNU SCO would have never been viable.  The vast majority of companies
that used SCO used the GNU development tools.  The reason that they used
GNU is that the SCO tools sucked and were way over priced.  Most of the
SCO shops that I've dealt with would not have chosen SCO if the GNU
tools weren't available.

--
Greg Edwards
New Age Software, Inc. - http://www.nas-inet.com