[NTLUG:Discuss] mandrake 9.1 GUI logout shutdown and reboot problem

Greg Edwards greg at nas-inet.com
Tue Jul 29 13:50:55 CDT 2003

fredjame wrote:
> I am using LILO, but I assume the process would be essentially the
> same.  But one question:  Would that effect the resolution of the Gnome
> display as well, or just the logout/shutdown stuff?  As a side note, if
> I "shutdown -h now" or "shotdown -r now" in a terminal window, the
> graphic display of the shutdown/startup messages appear just as they
> would if the logout/shutdown GUI worked.

It's beginning to sound like the issue is switching the graphics card
from high res to text.

Try starting X in a different mode (maybe the suggested mode) and see if
that makes a difference.

Which video card do you have?

Look at the XFree86 log file and see if it really is terminating after
the shutdown is issued.

--
Greg Edwards
New Age Software, Inc. - http://www.nas-inet.com