[NTLUG:Discuss] How do I set the load segment to 07C0 in K3B?

Chris Cox cjcox at acm.org
Tue Aug 5 10:22:49 CDT 2003

I don't speak German... below is a babelfish with some reformatting...
if you speak German, here's the link:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=boot-load-seg+winxp&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=3DAF1472.3060900%40t-online.de&rnum=2

Anyway, it sounds like you know what you're doing, so this
bad translation probably makes some sense...

Uwe walter wrote:
 > I will thus together-tinker my own XP CD, by supplementing
 > the file as follows.
 >... x:\Dokumente /ergaenzung/
 >... [ GuiUnattended
 > ] profile you " = and to attitudes "
 >
 >... /code end/"
 >
 > mark see whether helps me; -

It has, jawoll.  In the following thus the guidance.

The following things are needed for it:
1.  IsoBuster
2. cdr tools (, mkisofs, etc. mount.)

Enter on the CT homepage the following soft link number, then can downloaden you the Tools.  Soft left:  0220212,  http://www.heise.de/ct

  as then:
1.  IsoBuster install.
2.  Make ALL files visible in the Explorer.
3.  Files prepare:  x:\myxp\in necessary storage location for instance 800MB x:\myxp\out.
4.  IsoBuster start and the 4kb large boat code in x:\myxp\in extract.  - > Bootable_CD\Microsoft Corporation.img
5. in x:\myxp\in change
6. " Microsoft Corporation.img " in bootcode.img rename.
7.  All data of the XP after CD x:\myxp\in copy.
8. x:\myxp\in\i386\winnt.sif accordingly adapt.
9.  The ISO produce:
     1.  Cdr tools unpack and after c:\windows\system32 or another listing taken off by the search path copy.
     2. shell open.
     3. mount x:  /x
     4. mkisofs -o /x/myxp/out/myXP.iso -N -d -l -no-iso-translate
            -relaxed-filenames -boot-load-seg 0x7c0 -b bootcode.img
            -c boot.catalog -no-emul-boot /x/myxp/in

To 3.:  Since Tools are here to works, which come from the Unix/Linux world, the unix well-behaved file
tree must to be produced with the instruction mount.

10.  The inflammable ISO with a fuel program on CD avoid.
11.  The listings..\myxp\in and..\myxp\out including contents delete.

Afterwards one can  install   WinXP in used way and regulate system-related Eistellungen over these winnt.sif.

One has so even still the possibility before production ISO files the current service luggage with to bring in.

As then, tschuess.; -)

Uwe.