[NTLUG:Discuss] Messed modules_install

Stephen Davidson gorky at ispwest.com
Sun Aug 10 08:03:45 CDT 2003

Thomas Cameron wrote:
> [...]

Ok, that fixed the Seg fault.  But it is still not booting.
I am getting the following (ONLY when booting with my Kernel,
not with any of the stock kernels)

Retried with pci=noacpi, that did not fix this either.

Please help!  If anyone wants to look at this today (I leave
town tommorrow AM), please give call.  I will happily buy
whoever fixes this a lunch at their convenience.
(My phone number is in my SIG).

Thanks,
Steve

===
Uniforom Multi-Platform E-IDE driver Revision: 7.00beta2-4
ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx
hda: HITACHI_DK23EA-30, ATA DISK drive
hdc: Samsung CD-RW/DVD-ROM SN-308B,m ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
ide0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6 on irq 14
ide1 at 0x170-0x177,0x376 on irq 15
ide-floppy driver 0.99.newide
Partition Check:
  hda: end_requiest: I/O error, dev 03:00 (hda), sector 0
hda: end_requiest: I/O error, dev 03:00 (hda), sector 2
hda: end_requiest: I/O error, dev 03:00 (hda), sector 4
hda: end_requiest: I/O error, dev 03:00 (hda), sector 6
hda: end_requiest: I/O error, dev 03:00 (hda), sector 0
hda: end_requiest: I/O error, dev 03:00 (hda), sector 2
hda: end_requiest: I/O error, dev 03:00 (hda), sector 4
hda: end_requiest: I/O error, dev 03:00 (hda), sector 6
  unable to read partition table
ide-floppy driver 0.99.newide

SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00
kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modporbe -s -k scsi_hostadapter, errno = 2
.
.
.
ide-floppy driver 0.99.newide
kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k ide-disk, errno = 2
VFS: cannot open root device "305" or 03:05
Please append a correct "root=" option
You may want to retry with pci=noacpi or acpi=oldboot on the command line.
if one of them helps please report with the following lines to acpi at suse.de
DMI: BVENDOR Dell Computer Corporation BVERSION A08 BDate 03/04/2003
DMI: SVENDOR Dell Computer Corporation PNAME 04P240 PVERSION <NULL>
DMI: BNAME Dell Computer Corporation BNAME 04P240 BVERSION

Java/J2EE Developer/Integrator
214-724-7741