[NTLUG:Discuss] wet11 & Linux

terry linux at cowtown.net
Thu Sep 4 07:42:35 CDT 2003

jeremyb at univista.com wrote:

>Yes, 192.168.1.255 is the broadcast address for 192.168.1.255/24.  ...It
>cannot be used by a host.  It's not a Unix network thing,  It's a TCP/IP
>network thing.  Change the last address byte to something else like the
>suggested 251.

Given this information, there's a glaring error in the documentation
which says:
"Open your web browser, and enter the IP address of the Wireless
Ethernet Bridge (the default is 192.168.1.255).  Press the enter key,
and the screen shown in Figure 6-1 will appear."

But this is not WAP11 it's WET11.  It's not a "Wireless Access Point"
 it's a "Wireless Ethernet Bridge".
If they have a support page, it's pretty well hidden because I've
drilled all over and not found it.  You're welcome to point my nose at
it, but I can't seem to find it.
Have looked at:
http://www.linksys.com/support/support.asp
&