[NTLUG:Discuss] Debian help

severian@pobox.com severian at pobox.com
Fri Sep 19 09:27:01 CDT 2003

Howdy,
   If you want an easy way to start, look at Knoppix.  I just used it to
install a Debian system yesterday and it went quickly and seems fine.  They
promote it as a way t install Debian in 20 minutes.  It took me a bit
longer, but it was quick.
   You just boot with the Knoppix CD(yes, just download 1 CD), go to a
shell and run a script called dhx-install.
Good luck.
Ralph
p.s.  Now I am playing with apt-get.  It does not quite solve all the
dependancy problems like some people say.  Programs becom embargoed and I
am still learning about the upgrade process.