[NTLUG:Discuss] None

Vaidya, Harshal (Cognizant) HarshalV at pun.COGNIZANT.COM
Mon Sep 22 04:18:44 CDT 2003

Are you sure that the user name you are logging in with exists with the
system. I know it's the first thing a user would check. But, just in
case...

Have you tried logging in with root? Can you get in?

-----Original Message-----
From: linux [mailto:linux at cowtown.net]
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2003 3:16 AM
To: discuss at ntlug.org
Subject: [NTLUG:Discuss] None

Having a bit of a problem with one of my linux systems: When trying to
log
into a console session, I never get a password prompt.  I give a
username at
the login: prompt but it doesn't seem to accept my login name and just
retruns another login: prompt each time.  What could be causing this?
(It
happens to 'em all, tty1 through tth6)