[NTLUG:Discuss] Linux Magazines

JR Newsletters jrnewsletters at jcrcomputing.com
Fri Oct 24 23:04:22 CDT 2003

Robert Citek wrote:

> That the ads have a MS slant does not bother me.  I read the magazine
> for the articles.  I see nothing wrong with MS paying LM to write
> excellent articles about Linux.  Also, I see no need for LM to justify
> its decision.  In fact, I think the ads make a strong statement about
> the strengths of Linux and speaks to how seriously Microsoft takes the
> Linux threat.  To paraphrase Ghandi "first they ignore you, then they
> laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Did I say just the ads have a MS slant?  I saw the MS slant in the
articles and editorials too.

> But that's just my opinion.  I would recommend that you buy one or two
> copies from the newstand, read the articles, and then decide if it
> meets your needs.

I hope you're talking to the original poster who is already
subscribing.....as I said I subscribed to the magazine for 2 years.  I
still periodically look at LM on the magazine shelf to see if the
magazine has changed.  As usual, when I put the magazine down, I feel
like I have to wash my hands immediately (especially after reading that
hateful to Linux back page editorial).