[NTLUG:Discuss] creating driver disks for emulex

Bishop, Cass cbishop at atxna.com
Fri Dec 5 15:01:12 CST 2003

I am trying to create a driver disk to be used at boot for an emulex card so
I can install straight to my lun.  There is a driver disk for Red Hat 8 but
I want to use Red Hat Enterprise server v3 or Red Hat 7.3.  I tried to use
this website http://www.reptechnic.com.au/kickstart.html with the Red Hat
8.0 driver disk from here
http://www.emulex.com/ts/docfc/linux/421g/download.htm.  I have been trying
to take the modules.cgz and replace the contents of it with modules I have
compiled using the BOOT version of the kernel.  Has anyone else done this?
I can't get it to work but I cannot be sure that it is because of the disk,
the card may not be detected at that time.  Any feedback would be greatly
appreciated.

Cass Bishop
Web/Voice Systems Engineer
ATX NA