[NTLUG:Discuss] What makes Linux great?

Tom Tumelty tumelty2 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 24 10:13:44 CST 2003

He has no room to classify any Linux person as a fanatic.....aren't people supposed to take the log out of their own eye before pointing out the splinter in another ones eye?

Kyle Davenport <Kyle_Davenport at compusa.com> wrote:

sorry I lost the comment about Michael Surkan's previous notoriety. ZDNET
did remove his article "I come not to praise Linux...", but the internet
remembers:

http://web.archive.org/web/19990117002436/http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/zdnn_rc_display2/0,3733,372462,00.html

famous last words:

"As long as Linux remains a religion of freeware fanatics, Microsoft (and
other NOS vendors) have nothing to worry about."

A lot has happened in 4 years, hasn't it?

Kyle