[NTLUG:Discuss] Printer Problem Next Saturday

Ralph Green, Jr severian at mail.joimail.com
Tue Jan 13 23:31:42 CST 2004

Howdy,
  No wonder your monitor is heavy.  You should get one that is a display
and nothing more.  You should try printing with the printer and not the
monitor.  I don't think I understand your real problem.  Is it that you
want to use lpr, or what?  For a problem like a printer problem, you
could bring a smaller monitor.  Just lower the video resolution and be
sure and test it before you bring it to the meeting.  I used a 9 inch
monitor for a system like that and it worked fine.
  The Linux Install Project is scheduled to start at 9 AM on meeting
days.  I don't usually get there by 9, but I am pretty sure there are
usually people there by then.
Good luck,
Ralph