[NTLUG:Discuss] kernel message

brad angelcyk bradangelcyk at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 13:02:02 CST 2004

Or if Gnome or KDE is trying to do something to the
drive in order to put the icon on the desktop.  There
is a reason I use blackbox!  ;-)  No desktop icons and
it's only using 2.7mb of memory right now.

You can add it to fstab like your cdrom or floppy so
that any user can mount/unmount it.  I have my USB zip
drive added to there.  But when I use my USB compact
flash reader for my camera, I just su to root.  I
believe you just use an option of "owner" in fstab for
a drive mountable/unmountable by everyone.

Brad