[NTLUG:Discuss] Intesting statements in latest anti-trust MS stuff

Greg Edwards greg at nas-inet.com
Mon Jan 19 16:34:28 CST 2004

Chris Cox wrote:
> The DoJ release this with regards to MS compliance:
> http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/cases/f202100/202129.htm#N_7_
>
> Of course, most people are interested in the SCO
> reference... but I just want to direct people to
> the other company mentioned, EMC... in light of
> EMC's recent purchase of VMware.

THAT gets my attention.  I didn't know anything about EMC and I didn't
think much about the merger since VMware is claiming that the merger
will not affect their product plans.

IMHO, VMware is the best solution to date (free or otherwise) for
running an all Linux shop and testing M$ compatibility issues.  Not to
mention those pesky apps that don't exist for Linux.  Please no flames
or emulator wars, this is just my opinion.

Time will tell, but this could turn out to be a bad event for Linux.
I'd rather not have to go back to having a M$ machine for the sake of
running 2 apps and testing IE against websites.

--
Greg Edwards
New Age Software, Inc. - http://www.nas-inet.com