[NTLUG:Discuss] OT: Fried

clayramsey1@comcast.net clayramsey1 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 9 15:51:06 CST 2004

I agree with much of what you say, BUT....

there is very little that anyone in DC can REALLY do to stop it.

collectively, we are too expensive.  I saw this from the other side at my last job (IT support for headhunters).....

Firms were paying BIG bucks in many cases for relatively lightly qualified staff - and they DO NOT, or should I say, WILL NOT do that again.  Remember the "paper MCSE"?  The "paper CCNA"?

As I see it, the logic of the corp. staffing people will be this:

"If we are gonna have "sorta" qualed staff, we're gonna pay less for 'em.

The 90s are gone.... I just hope and pray for the next big US innovation to come along.

If I may make a ssuggestion - there are a SHITLOAD of small firms still running 3.1, 95, and 98, in need of serious IT help.  Hanging out your shingle (directed at noone in particular) might be a good idea.