[NTLUG:Discuss] Anti-linux bias in the media

David Brown frag at phrenetictheory.org
Thu Feb 12 22:03:18 CST 2004

I don't see whats so wrong with what he said.  Maybe his description
leaves a bit to be desired, but he isn't wrong.  Linux has virus' too.
The desktop doesn't feel as polished as WindowsXP.  While you can tell
he isn't pro *nix, he didn't say they outright suck either.

For the most part it's all correct.  Virus on Linux *will* become more
prevalent as Linux grows on the desktop and more non-geek users begin to
migrate.  He did give *nix some credit with the following statement.
Quote: "Operating systems like Unix and Linux (kind of like Unix, but
free) are harder to infect, but it's not impossible."

I think he was being as fair as he could considering he is showing that
he *has* tried Linux, but obviously doesn't use it.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents,
Dave