[NTLUG:Discuss] VMware rebate - must register at VMware

Kevin Hulse hulse_kevin at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 23 16:31:54 CDT 2004

--- "Burton M. Strauss III"
<Burton_Strauss at comcast.net> wrote:
> What a load of cr*p from the whining puppies.  Don't
> buy the product if you
> don't need it and can't justify the $189 price.
>
> The offer is: "If you are among the 1st 1000, we'll
> give you a special
> discount!"
>
> WOW - What in the world is wrong with that?

The offer is not what it first appears to be.
THAT is sleazy. It looks like a great discount
when it's really just a gamble.

[deletia]

This isn't "reaching out", it's playing us for
suckers.

After living in Vegas, I've had enough of that sort of
customer service mentality.

"Reaching out" would by a $89 non-commercial license
like they had in the old days.