[NTLUG:Discuss] batch copy and rename

Bobby Wrenn bjwrenn at augustmail.com
Sun Jun 20 19:24:57 CDT 2004

I have a bunch of JPGs from our vacation. The camera starts its number
sequence over each time you erase the Compact Flash. So, I sorted the
files into directories for each date. The directories have the date as
their names (eg 6-13-04, 6-14-04, etc.). I want to each file to a new
single directory and prepend the date to the file name at the same time.

I know find and xargs are my friends. But, I'm not even good enough to
be dangerous as at shell scripting. Any help greatly appreciated.

TIA
Bobby