[NTLUG:Discuss] SUSE 9.1

Stephen Davidson gorky at freenet.carleton.ca
Sun Aug 1 19:29:46 CDT 2004

Andrew Brown wrote:

>I have Comcast and want to get it hooked up to my Linux. Used to run Red Hat
>Ent WS3 and had no problem, but the YaST is not working for some reason. Id
>there something I am missing? Would love some direction! Suse is set up a
>bit different than the Red model.
>

>ab

Hi Andrew.
One of two things;
1) If you get an error trying to start YaST, then you probably have a
corrupt install.
2) If YaST is working, check your routing tables (route -n).  You
probably have a 169.*, as well as possibly a 127.* entry, as defined
routes.  This was working fine straight from the CDs(as in, those
entries were NOT there), but after an update, the networking scripts
started adding those two entries for some strange reason.  It is a big
nuisance to have to go and manually remove those entries after every
boot/network start.

Regards,
Steve

--