[NTLUG:Discuss] Re: O'Reilly Discussion Guidelines

Will Senn will_senn at comcast.net
Thu Sep 9 05:18:07 CDT 2004

Ed Coates wrote:

>Quoting Will Senn <will_senn at comcast.net>:
>

>>Now, where were we, oh yeah, staying on topic (not) - anybody sign up
>>for that free Solaris 10 DVD offer?
>>

>Missed that one, but I did receive my 3 free SuSE DVDs last week.  :)
>
>Ed

Ed,

Having 9.1 Pro on DVD has changed my perception of DVDs. I wouldn't go
back to a CD install, if you paid me - DVD is the only way to fly.  I
think having a Solaris DVD would be great, too - of course there's a big
difference between Suse and Solaris on Intel - Suse works, works well
and all around rocks. Solaris will have to improve the setup program,
administration apps and font smoothing in X to come anywhere close.

Anyway, here's the link:
https://see.sun.com/Apps/DCS/mcp?q=ST4DuTTFvAlh$X

FYI: I think they probably mean it when they say, "While supplies last",
unlike Novell who simply coughed up on demand, bless them :)

Will