[NTLUG:Discuss] Challenge....

Douglas King daking at dak1.net
Sat Sep 11 04:58:43 CDT 2004

OK, I've got a problem.  This past week.....I've had a RedHat 7.3 webserver
shut down every night somewhere between the hours of 1:30 AM and 3:00
AM.  We have checked ALL the scheduled crons, etc. and find nothing that
would be shutting it down "naturally".  The power light on the case remains
on, but you cannot SSH into it, nor is the machine functional.  Log files
don't indicate a lot to me...although, I did catch a potential hacker 2
nights ago...but he's since been dealt with.

Where do I look now?