[NTLUG:Discuss] Re: First Linux patch spoof -- regarding contacting the FBI ...

Paul Ingendorf pauldy at wantek.net
Mon Oct 25 03:37:37 CDT 2004

I looked at the headers you posted and the fact it was sent from apache from
localhost via sendmail with no warning about the user switching the form
address would indicate to me this was done via an httpd exploit remotely.
Thus I would venture to say a compromised machine is in the mix somewhere
(at UTA).