[NTLUG:Discuss] [OT] PCI Wireless Adapters for PCs

Mickeyd mickeyd at compuclaim.com
Thu Nov 4 00:21:56 CST 2004

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 04:43:04 +0000
"james osburn" <jjosburn at hotmail.com> wrote:

> the computer is a gateway solo 9550 notebook (resource concepts blue
> plate special)
> Z-Com XI-325 11Mb/s 802.11b WLAN Card
> jim
>
> >From: "Paul Ingendorf" <pauldy at wantek.net>
> >To: <jjosburn at hotmail.com>
> >Subject: RE: [NTLUG:Discuss] [OT] PCI Wireless Adapters for PCs
> >Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 22:17:41 -0600
> >
> >I just read through this thread and the others you have been a part
> >of. I saw some of the replies and if you would like some help getting
> >this going I
> >would be glad to help you get it running on the premise that if you
> >come across any linux business you might send some of it my way.  In
> >the mean time all I need to know is what card do you have right now?
> >Also what are you looking to do with the card and are any other neat
> >features at all interesting to you or do you just want it to work?

James,

I checked the card and it uses the Prism 2.5 chipset so you should be
able to insmod the Prism driver.
--

Tom McDonald <tom at compuclaim.com>
Compuclaim Inc.

This is a scsi driver, scraes the shit out of me, therefore I tapdanced
and wrote a unix clone around it (C) by linus
	-- Somewhere in the kernel tree