[NTLUG:Discuss] I'm driving through Texas on Sunday-Monday ... Lunch on Monday near Dallas?

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Sat Dec 11 10:52:16 CST 2004

All --

I'm heading from Florida to Sin City (Las Vegas) on Sunday and
plan to arrive sometime Tuesday hopefully by mid-to-late morning,
(or later if I stop a 2nd time).  I'm used to driving 18 hours straight
(and have even done 25 hours once).

Given the Interstate System, I think the best move is to take I-10
west until Louisiana, switching to I-49 and then to I-20, and into
Dallas.  That should place me in Texas sometime late Sunday or early
Monday morning (depending on when I leave).  I would definitely
get a hotel and catch some sleep at that time.

*** HOOK UP FOR LUNCH? ***
It would be cool to hook up with some of you guys for lunch (or dinner
if I'm running late) in Dallas.

Ultimately I want to figure out some US/SR to get to I-40 in Texas
(which then takes me to US-93 north into Sin City sometime Tuesday).
I've never driven west of Dallas-Houston (and that was years ago), so
any recommendations on the switchover from I-20 to I-40, other than just
straight up I-35, is recommended.

Or if you recommend a totally different route, please recommend it.
Especially if you have recommendations on traffic avoidance, local
hotels (especially more west), etc...

-- Bryan J. Smith
   (407) 489-7013  (perm cell, secondary number)
   (407) 718-6434  (temp cell, _primary_ number currently)

Bryan J. Smith                                 b.j.smith at ieee.org
Assumptions of the Fedora Project based on Red Hat Linux is like
assumptions of the Debian Project based on using old Corel Linux.