[NTLUG:Discuss] What designates what version you're running?

Paul Ingendorf pauldy at wantek.net
Sat Feb 5 00:51:41 CST 2005

I was able to perform the upgrade using an e-mail from one of the developers
that had been archived in one of the fedora forums.  I don't have it handy
right now but there is a link for upgrading from fedora 1 to fedora 2.  I
used the core concepts he outlined in the message to perform a fedora core 1
to fedora core 3 upgrade.  Everything went reasonably well.  I went through
after the fact and checked the conf.rpmsave files to make sure any of the
added options did not make a difference to the configuration and everything
seemed ok with the exception of yum.  The config files for yum are a bit
different.  Once I fixed this however everything was ok.