[NTLUG:Discuss] Linux in Government: Setting Up a Linux Desktop in a Small Office Network | Linux Journal

Joe Mecklin jm5379 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 17:03:27 CST 2005

Mr. Adelstein,

i would be interested in helping with this project (or any others you
may be involved in), with a stipulation - i have a day job, so would
only be able ot help evenings and/or alternate weekends since i also
have my sons on alternate weekends.  with these criteria in mind, i
would be pleased to help as a volunteer, using the opportunity as a
learning experience rather than a way to enhance my income.

i have several years experience as a linux user and sometimes
administrator, both at home and at work, installing and helping
maintain a couple of servers as well as my desktop, keeping it
incorporated in the company's network, with nominal support, though
most of my work is creating web pages via apache, mysql and perl.  i
have built a samba server, but most of my server installations have
been quite some time in the past, so refreshers would undoubtedly be a
great boon.

i'm capable but rusty, and don't want to misrepresent myself,
especially since i respect what i've read of your articles to date.

thank you for your time and i hope i can fit into your needs.

Joe Mecklin
214.575.2341 - home