[NTLUG:Discuss] Verizon FIOS and PPPoE

David I S Mandala davidm at them.com
Thu Mar 17 12:08:52 CST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 09:28 -0600, Greg Edwards wrote:
> They're laying fiber in the next block as we speak.  Since my office is in
> the house now, that means fiber to the curb soon.  Now I just have to
> rewire the house, ugh!!

Actually you'll get fiber to the wall of your house and Ethernet from
there on in.

> I would assume that you could configure the D-Link to pass through all
> packets and let the Linux box continue as your primary router.

You'll be able to dump the D-Link and configure your primary router, but
you'll be on your own. But if you are like me and only have Linux your
on your own anyway as they support .... you guessed it Windows and
perhaps Mac. You can still get the fiber but no support past their
D-Link.

Cheers,

David
--