[NTLUG:Discuss] netatalk / Mac filenames - need help mangling "/"

Robert Pearson rdpears at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 00:51:02 CDT 2005

On 6/6/05, Richard Geoffrion <ntlug at rain4us.net> wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience manging the '/' (forward slash)  character
> when a mac user tries to save a file to a nettalk server?  I have mac users
> that are trying to dump files onto a backup server but all of the forward
> slashes are preventing the file transfer.

What does the "preventing the file transfer" look like? Is the "/"
(forward slash) being removed, misinterpreted, garbled, etc? Is there
an error message?
I assume the Mac users are on OSX? What is the backup server OS? If
nettalk should have told me this then I'm probably not going to be any
help.

Has this been working and suddenly stopped? Is this a new process?

Thanks,

Robert