[NTLUG:Discuss] GPS Mapping Software

Rick Cook rcook at ntlug.org
Tue Sep 20 21:42:32 CDT 2005

On Tuesday 20 September 2005 14:35, Kyle Davenport wrote:
> *** Authentication Certificate ***
>
> Heh, Rick, what gps did you say?  gpsbabel claims it can convert from
> Tiger format to mapsend (for Magellan) or garmin

It is a Magellan eXplorist 600. The Tiger format that gpsbabel handles is
an interface to the Tiger online mapping service (basically, a way to get
a GIF image of a mapped region) and converts it to one of the other
formats.

I played with this a little bit but have not gotten anything useful out of
it yet.

Rick