[NTLUG:Discuss] Newbies

Dennis Rice dearroz at comcast.net
Tue Dec 27 10:25:43 CST 2005

Leroy Tennison wrote:
Hmmm, now I'm asking "Who is the newbie?"  Sounds like you have been at
it for a while.  Dennis goes through a beginners class before the main
meeting on a regular basis.  We have an installation meeting at 9am
every month.  Who is our audience and what are we missing?

===================
I sure wish I had more time to devote to the basics.  One hour per month
really does not do justice.  I would love to have a dedicated weekend to
give to everyone, but we all know  that is impossible.
Upcoming topic that I want to discuss:
Redo gpg - after the system did not work at the meeting in November
Basic IP Network Addressing
More Ideas ????
Basic Samba configuration
Basic Apache configuration
Basic FTP configuration

In the past, I have concentrated on the very basics of making the system
work at the command line, but that has become redundant.

As always, my book that I am working on is available from the site:
dearroz.pointclark.net/book.html .  I may be downloaded as one file (7+
MBytes) or 3 files of 2.5+ MBytes each.  The format is PDF zipped.