[NTLUG:Discuss] Copying a file to TWO destinations as the same time..

David Mandala davidm at them.com
Sun Jan 29 11:46:31 CST 2006

If you are using rsync it could be an interesting hack to modify the
source code to rsync to connect to two different places at once, in
practice it should be possible to modify rsync to do this. Rsync would
make two different compare tables to tell what to transfer to each
machine. This would increase the startup calculation/compare since you
would have to compare the data twice instead of once but beyond that the
rest should pretty much stay the same, just two forks, just open an
extra connection and go.

--
David Mandala <davidm at them dot com>
www.them.com/~davidm Public Key id: 45B2D952