[NTLUG:Discuss] Adding harddrives

m m llliiilll at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 17 11:39:49 CDT 2006

All:

I think that there is a problem on the SCSI Controller,
when at boot time, It only show 2 logical Hard Drive detected.

on the hardware setting:
I have a cable with 4 scsi connecters (DB68), 2 direct to  connect to the
harddrive (id# are 0,1) and
the new added 2 hard drives have to use the SCA 2 connector (see the image
url
http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/scsi_adapters.html#sca-80-LVD ) to
connect to  the  cable(id# set to 2,3) because they are different connector
(SCA)

However, the  Hewlett Packard Compaq SMART-2SL SCSI Controller only "see" 2
hard drives. There are no any error/unusual messages pop up. Ran kudzu, it
don't detect the additional 2 hard drives.

Can any one help?

Thanks.