[NTLUG:Discuss] Any idea how to get a Sprint EVDO wirelessbroadband card to

. Daniel xdesign at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 28 13:47:51 CDT 2006

I'm curious enough to want to see this thing for myself.  I work in the
"Uptown" Dallas area and I live in Arlington.  Maybe we could do lunch or
something and you can bring the laptop along.  Every time I have wanted to
go to the meeting each month, something seems to get in the way, so I
wouldn't depend on that form of scheduling.

>Yes, the card works on the very same laptop when I boot into Windows.
>
>I tried also booting from a Knoppix CD.  The Knoppix is version 5, based
on
>kernel 2.6.17.
>The results are the same as SUSE:  I only get a "cardbus card inserted"
>message, but no
>additional modules loaded and no additions to "lspci".
>
>David
>

> >From: ". Daniel" <xdesign at hotmail.com>
> >To: Discuss at ntlug.org
> >Subject: Re: [NTLUG:Discuss]
> >AnyideahowtogetaSprintEVDOwirelessbroadbandcardto
> >Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 08:15:33 -0500
> >
> >Yeah, I'll be happy to tell my tale.  Part of it is on this very list.
> >was confused about a great many aspects of getting the thing running.
I'll
> >try to write it up as a how-to, but mostly, it'll be a "how I did."
Your
> >configuration seems to be lacking the most crucial part of the thing --
> >recognition by the machine/OS.
> >
> >I will try to write this up today some time while I'm at the office.
But