[NTLUG:Discuss] Wanted: List of companies, schools, etc that are using Linux and how they are using it

steve sjbaker1 at airmail.net
Sun Aug 20 15:06:11 CDT 2006

Chris Cox wrote:
> Like the subject says.  Board member Don Van Slyke (I think) suggested
> that we might want to keep a web page of local DFW area companies and
> schools that are using Linux and how they are using it.

L3 Link Simulation in Arlington uses Linux on software development
workstations and also as embedded systems pretty much throughout the
range of flight simulation products.

We sell systems containing 40 or more Linux PC's acting as a gigantic
3D graphics 'render farm' that drive batteries of video projectors or
laser display systems.  We also have simulators that fit into trucks
that can be air-lifted into the field for mission rehearsal purposes.

The majority of our customers are the US military - but we export
systems overseas too.

We develop on RedHat/Fedora and SuSE - we deliver on our own Linux
distro that's loosely based around Gentoo.

Our IT department, web presence and office apps are Microsoft-based
though (not that I havn't tried to change that!).