[NTLUG:Discuss] Dallas Ubuntu Team

Chris Cox cjcox at acm.org
Tue Sep 12 16:27:13 CDT 2006

Gilbert Morrow wrote:
> I still don't see the hype about Ubuntu !
> Will try it again just to be fair .
> Opinion not to meant to anger or other wise irritate anyone .

Ubuntu isn't bad.. it's no better or worse than ________
(fill in blank with whatever).

users to get together with others in the area -- at your
option.

I suppose if other distro-centric groups get formed, we'd
want them to let us know about their groups as well.
(why not?)

I don't have the time to support every group directly,
but I know some of you pretty much attend every meeting
of every group that's out there (well... almost it
seems) :)

I do recommend that people give Ubuntu a try.  The
easiest way (IMHO) is with a VMplayer download...
http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/cat/45

But if you're happy with whatever distribution you
are using, I don't think you'll find enough reason
to switch... Ubuntu isn't some kind of silver bullet.
But it is worth taking a look at if you haven't already.
Especially if you're a Red Hat or Fedora user (or
other Gnome-centered distro).

With that said, if you're still running Yggdrasil
Plug and Play Linux, you'll probably switch to
Ubuntu :) ... (I said "probably").