[NTLUG:Discuss] Administration tool to restrict Firefox history erasing

steve sjbaker1 at airmail.net
Tue Jan 9 23:27:40 CST 2007

Chris Cox wrote:

> I don't think it's possible.  My daughter is pretty knowledgable.  She'd
> know how to "get around" any kind of simple application style protection
> (even if it where possible).

Do what I do:

"I've installed a special system to log every web site you visit and
every email you send.  If I find you visiting places I don't approve
you won't get a second chance."

...then do nothing at all.  They'll spend the rest of their youth
trying to figure out what the heck you did - and they'll never find
it because you didn't do it.

Ha!