[NTLUG:Discuss] Send fax to Windows Fax service?

Neil Aggarwal neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Sun Jan 28 17:00:11 CST 2007

Daniel:

Thanks for trying.

I agree with you.  The concern I also have is how to give
delivery information to the fax printer.

Thanks
	Neil

FREE! Eliminate junk email and reclaim your inbox.
Visit http://www.spammilter.com for details.
-----Original Message-----
From: discuss-bounces at ntlug.org [mailto:discuss-bounces at ntlug.org] On Behalf
Of . Daniel
Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2007 12:54 PM
To: discuss at ntlug.org
Subject: Re: [NTLUG:Discuss] Send fax to Windows Fax service?

I simply don't know and have no means to test the idea.

I have done some cursory googling and found that hylafax is an excellent
and mature method to serve faxes.  Clients exist for window and others
OSes.  So unless there is a specific reason to use the Windows service,
perhaps a better solution would be to run Hylafax?  (I never noticed if
there was a windows hylafax server, but it's quite possible.)

As for windows fax printer via samba, I have read that it works, but I'm
unsure, again, about delivery information.  Generally, with a samba
printer, the printer itself is the destination.  with samba faxing, the
first question that enters my mind is how you transmit delivery
information?

>Daniel:
>
>What about using Samba to print from the Linux machine to
>the Windows Fax printer?
>
>	Neil
>
>--
>Neil Aggarwal, (214)986-3533, www.JAMMConsulting.com
>FREE! Eliminate junk email and reclaim your inbox.
>Visit http://www.spammilter.com for details.
Behalf
>Of . Daniel
>Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2007 10:21 PM
>To: discuss at ntlug.org
>Subject: Re: [NTLUG:Discuss] Send fax to Windows Fax service?
>
>Is it possible?  Yes.  It's just data moving across wires after all.
Samba