[NTLUG:Discuss] Strange iptables problem on CentOS 4.4

. Daniel xdesign at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 17 23:20:16 CST 2007

That's an interesting question.  I had seen something like that not too
long ago.  It too was CentOS 4.4 in fact.  I think when I saw the error, I
hadn't yes corrected a router configuration mistake I had made.  I was
attempting to forward all data for a given IP address to a specific machine
within the firewall.  What I failed to do was make the machines responses
MASQ through the same IP address.  Once I made the Masq correction, it
worked just fine.

My first impression was that "hey, this must be the 'secure' part of ssh."
I still don't understand why ssh is better than telnet... other than the
plain text thing, but then again, who will be sniffing in average
situations?