[NTLUG:Discuss] Who/What for the Linux Fair 3/17

Chris Cox cjcox at acm.org
Wed Mar 14 22:56:02 CDT 2007

Dennis Rice - Pizza pick up (need to leave at 11am... Cici's is a few
miles away)  I'll be phoning this in and pre-paying.

Chuck Graf - Plates, cups and napkins for 250 folks (probably too much)

J. Jentink and Ralph Green - Drinks, coolers, ice (can wait do get the
drinks on Saturday if you need for me to pay for these)

Don Van Slyke - Helping out everywhere.  If you need something, ask
him at the show :)

Demos:

Dennis Rice - He'll have copies of his Linux book (work in progress)...
you can talk to him when he's not picking up the pizza!!

David Simmons - XBOX Linux

Rick Cook - HDTV via USB on Linux, possibly MythTV

Douglas Scott - Multi-boot, Ubuntu, openSUSE, WinXP on a Shuttle
SFF, UT2004, Compiz/Beryl and more.

"Johnny Cybermyth" - ARM7 embedded development shown controlling an
LCD and some switches.

Wayne Walker (??) - Possibly a VMware demo (I didn't confirm this
with him).

Chuck Graf - MythTV

Chris Cox - 4core SFF XmaxD2, Cowon A2, media ripping/encoding

There's a lot of focus on multimedia... 5 years ago, who would've
ever dreamed it!!