[NTLUG:Discuss] Samba, ACL - permissions

Jerome Haltom wasabi at larvalstage.net
Tue Jun 5 16:56:23 CDT 2007

There is a lot to be said for reflection that directory permissions set
as ACLs on the directory itself, vs having a group specifically for it.
There are pros and cons to both approaches.

If you want to use ACLs, you can. Enable POSIX ACL support for the file
system, and Samba should pick it up automatically.

Look into getfacl and setfacl.