[NTLUG:Discuss] How often does inittab respawn?

Neil Aggarwal neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Sun Jul 22 09:22:47 CDT 2007

Hello:

How often does inittab respawn and is is possible
to control how often it does for a process listed?

I am thinking of using it to ensure and SSH tunnel
remains connected.  The problem I see is if the remote
server is down, inittab may attempt to reconnect so
often that it will cause a huge load on my server.

Any suggestions for a solution for what I want to
do?

Thanks,
	Neil

FREE! Eliminate junk email and reclaim your inbox.
Visit http://www.spammilter.com for details.