[NTLUG:Discuss] Remote assistance utility

Daniel Hauck daniel at yacg.com
Sat Mar 15 03:26:35 CDT 2008

Leroy Tennison wrote:

> Matt wrote:
>> I have mine and my wife's parents on the single click.  Easy on them and
>> easy on me too!

>>> Windows...check..
>>> assistance tools we've seen used by various other support services?
>>>>
>>> I think you're looking for.....
>>> http://www.uvnc.com/addons/singleclick.html
>>>
>>> There are many flavors of VNC... I enjoy the screen scaling in UltraVNC
>>> so that I can see other people's high resolutions on my measly 1024x768
>>> screen without having to deal with scroll bars.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Richard
>>>

> Now you have me curious, does this work across the Internet?  If so,
> does the "remotely assisting" host have to have a registered Internet
> address?
>
> I'm looking for something like this only where neither host is required
> to have a registered Internet address.

Yeah, me too!  I'd like to be able to set up a small web page on some
server on the internet to host the server applet (for the remote user)
with some sort of login or something and at the same time some way for
me to also log in to announce I am ready to to connect to them or
whatever.  It looks like I would use some sort of NAT2NAT thing but I
haven't had a moment of peaceful concentration to figure this thing out yet.

I suspect, however, that someone smarter than me can or will be able to
set this sort of thing up in their sleep.