[NTLUG:Discuss] Broadcom wireless working for me - fyi

phrostie pfrostie at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 3 19:09:12 CDT 2008

i have a HP Pavilion dv5000, that i've been running debian on for a couple
years now.  i did the "install_bcm43xx_firmware" thing and it worked great
right up until my last update a few days ago.

up till the update/upgrade i was running a 2.6.22-3-amd64 #1 SMP kernel.
i upgraded to the new kernel which was a 2.6.24-1-amd64.  it has a built in
bc43 driver and at first it would say that it found it, but then it would say
that it had a bad address and die.

i had to go back to the older kernel.