[NTLUG:Discuss] NTP syncs to wrong server

Michael Barnes barnmichael at gmail.com
Fri May 2 15:51:52 CDT 2008

As it turned out, I found another, previously unknown or heard of by
me, file /etc/sysconfig/ntp.  It seems there is a place in there to
put an initial server to check on start up.  I guess the idea was to
get your initial time from a stratum 1 source, then watch lower
stratum sources for normal conditions.

Commented that line out and good to go.

Thanks for your comments.

Michael