[NTLUG:Discuss] A quick script anyone?

Scott Blaydes sblaydes at netteksolutions.com
Thu Jul 31 11:06:05 CDT 2008

I would use cut to get the parts you need.

This would use the comma as the delimiter and get your the 10.
cut -f1 -d","  filename

This would use the double-quote as the delimiter and get you the US.
cut -f2 -d \" filename

This would use the double-quote as the delimiter and get you the United
States of America.
cut -f4 -d \" filename

You can then assign the returned values to your variables such as
ROW1=`cut -f2 -d \" filename`

IF I am wrong on any of this feel free to correct me.

Thank you,
Scott Blaydes