[NTLUG:Discuss] ubuntu disaster!!!

Russell Lemburg cplusruss at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 14:18:49 CDT 2008

I had the same thing happen to me, and I fixed it using DOS boot and an
fdisk /mbr.  It literally rewrites your master boot record to some "default
conditions" and then you just sit back and hope that GRUB re-detects.
There's also a fixmbr command in Backtrack live CD which does something
similar (I'd probably trust that better).  Be careful though ...