[NTLUG:Discuss] Success! HP DV9620US laptop fully functional!

Stephen Davidson gorky at freenet.carleton.ca
Tue Sep 2 10:02:09 CDT 2008

Hi Wayne.

Broadcom seems to have started releasing decent drivers back in Q4 of
last year -- at least, that's when an upgrade first started picking them
up.  In regards to nVidia, sleep/resume stopped working with their
drivers for me last year, and has not yet started again.  The last major
patch, laptop will go into Hibernate, but seems to kernel panic on
resume.  (HP Pavillion zv5000, btw - or was until an HP Repair, I think
they upgraded the MB, but not sure to what)

Regards,
Steve