[NTLUG:Discuss] Install Fest Instructions

Allen Meyers chef11994 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 27 18:50:50 CDT 2008

Chuck:
Well said. I attended meeting before last for that exact reason to have someone help me install ubuntu 8.04. I would only add this to what you said. Look, listen, ask questions. Google, do research. NTLUG is a great resource and they owe you not a damn thing except their willingness to introduce you to Linux.
If I did not live so far away I would attend regular just to add to my learning curve.
As a side note got in a bit of a problem area on inability to type in linux listened to all the possibilities, googled and finally because I watched and asked questions when Doug I think it was who installed for me I said what the hell let me format this partition and reinstall and it did work and everything is a OK. Finally what a great gift to have folks like you as a resource.
My two cents