[NTLUG:Discuss] Install Fest Instructions

Wayne Walker wwalker at bybent.com
Sun Sep 28 15:17:24 CDT 2008

Instead of taking newbies straight into dual boot, why not set them up
with a virtual Machine (VMware Player on Windows, or something else)?
Then they can experiment totheir heart's content with linux, including
in full screen mode where it's "just like the real thing" without ever
endangering their needed Windows install and with the added benefit of
being able to run both OS's at the same time and share files between them
(via SMB).

This would also be MUCH easier to install in most cases.  Then after
they've decided they really want to take the plunge, help them go dual
boot or switch to linux with a windows VM.

Wayne