[NTLUG:Discuss] Slackware Video Question

terry trryhend at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 09:30:02 CDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 6:23 PM, Dennis Myhand <dmyhand at suddenlink.net>wrote:

> I just loaded Slack 12.1 and the highest resolution I can get is
> 1024x768 which is okay, except my monitor want 1440x900.  Which file do
> I need to edit in order to change my resolution to what I need?  Thanks,
> Dennis in Victoria

What display adapter do you have in this machine?

If you are using generic driver, that is all you will get, but if you load
the right driver for your video card, you should get options for higher
resolution.

Once you get the right module loaded, I think the command is xorgconfig  or
xorgsetup to reconfigure the X server, (it will re-write xorg.conf for you),
and at that point, it should just auto-detect the monitor and give you a
proper resolution when you go back and start or re-start the X server.

Let us know...
--
<><